C. L. Taylor’s writing is like a lid being screwed down. Tighter and tighter it gets, and you know at some point the drama will just explode.’ Jeremy Vine

Cally Taylor bw

C.L. Taylor is the Sunday Times bestselling author of six gripping stand-alone psychological thrillers: THE ACCIDENT, THE LIE, THE MISSING, THE ESCAPE, THE FEAR and SLEEP.

Her books have sold in excess of a million copies, been number one on Amazon Kindle, Audible, Kobo, iBooks and Google Play and have been translated into over 25 languages.

THE ESCAPE won the Dead Good Books ‘Hidden Depths’ award for the Most Unreliable Narrator and SLEEP won ‘Best ebook’ in the Capital Crime Amazon Publishing Readers’ Awards. SLEEP is also a Richard and Judy Book Club pick for autumn 2019.

C.L. Taylor’s seventh book, STRANGERS, will be published in April 2020.

She has also written a Young Adult thriller, THE TREATMENT, published by HarperCollins HQ. Her second young adult standalone THE ISLAND will be published in June 2020.

***

Cally Taylor was born in Worcester and spent her early years living in various army camps in the UK and Germany. She studied Psychology at the University of Northumbria and went on forge a career in instructional design and e-Learning before leaving to write full time in 2014.

She started writing short stories in 2005 and was published widely in literary and women’s magazines. She also won several short story competitions. In 2009 and 2011 her romantic comedy novels (as Cally Taylor) were published by Orion and translated into fourteen languages. HEAVEN CAN WAIT was a bestseller in Hungary and China and HOME FOR CHRISTMAS was made into a feature film by JumpStart Productions. Whilst on maternity leave with her son Cally had an idea for a psychological thriller and turned to crime.

C.L. Taylor lives in Bristol with her partner and young son.

the lodger medium

Want to be the first to know when CL Taylor has a new book out? Join the FREE CL Taylor Book Club and receive THE LODGER, a gripping 9,000 word ebook for free.

Or get in touch:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/callytaylor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/callytaylorauthor
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/cltaylorauthor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/CLTaylorAuthor

Web Analytics

255 thoughts on “C.L. Taylor

1. taylortrek says:

Dear Cally,
    When people think I’ve published a book 😂.
    Looks like I need to read Sleep, looking forward to some Easter holiday reading.
    Cheers
    Coreen L Taylor

1. Claire Philbin says:

Hi Cally, I got Sleep at Nottingham Waterstones for your book signing – just read it in 2 days – it’s brilliant. I think it might be my favourite! I love all your books and just wanted to say well done on another awesome novel!! ❤
        Looking forward to hearing more news from the book club, and reading The Lodger! 👍😊
        All the best,
        Claire x

2. C.L. Taylor says:

Hi Claire, thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I’m so glad you enjoyed Sleep and thank you again for coming to my Nottingham event. Chuffed to hear that Sleep might be your favourite and thanks for joining the CL Taylor Book Club. All the best, Cally

3. Andrea says:

I have just finished ‘The Treatment’ …..although it is an interesting novel, I feel it’s content is not as gripping as all the others I have read. I think I’ve read them all!!!
        I have now joined your book club, and look forward to reading your next novel.
        Thank you for such brilliant reads!!

4. C.L. Taylor says:

Thanks Andrea. Young adult books aren’t for everyone but I’m glad you enjoyed my other books. All the best, Cally.

2. andycorrie15 says:

I came across your books in a charity shop one day and omg! I read the 3 books that i purchased (The Accident, The Lie & The Escape) within just over a week. I am gripped with your novels. I immediately googled you and discovered your other novels.
    I was running around like a mad man on my lunch break from work to go purchase ‘Sleep’ and you’ve done it again. WOW!

I have signed up to your fan club and cannot wait to receive ‘The Lodger’

Best Wishes,
    Andy

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hi Andy, I’m really chuffed that you rushed out to buy Sleep after discovering my other books and that you enjoyed them all! I really appreciate you taking the time to send me a message. Comments like yours spur me on to make the next book as good as I can! All the best, Cally.

2. Reechie Yanzon says:

I bought all your books Cally and I enjoyed them all 😊 You’re a very talented and very good Author 😊 I just finished reading SLEEP, its really amazing! I love it! Can’t wait for your next book 😊😊

All the best,
      Reechie

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hello Reechie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message and for your kind words. So glad you enjoyed Sleep. All the best, Cally.

3. Barbara burrows says:

Just finished sleep wow it was amazing I’ve loved all your books and enjoy passing them on to my friends please keep writing look forward to the next 1 I need to sleep now thanks again xx Barbara

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Thank you, Barbara, that made me smile. So glad you enjoyed Sleep and thank you for recommending my books to your friend. Have a lovely snooze! All the best, Cally

4. Jo says:

I have read all of your books, currently reading Sleep, problem is I bought it for holiday which is not for 3 weeks and I’m almost finished, who is your favourite author? I need a book for my holiday

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hi Jo, so glad you enjoyed Sleep. If you like my books I think you will enjoy books by Lucy Clarke, Tammy Cohen, CJ Cooke, Nuala Ellwood, Phoebe Morgan, Claire Allen and Mark Edwards, all of whom I rate.

5. Gail bowler says:

I recently had to go to hospital with heart problems and took you novel ‘Sleep’ with me as I knew I would have plenty of time to read it. I got to page 234 where it mentions H M Prison New Hall in Wakefield, which I found was interesting as I live in Wakefield. Then further down you mentioned Pinderfields Hospital, yes, you have guessed it! I was sitting in my hospital bed In ‘Pinderfields’!!
    I would like to congratulate you on the ‘Sleep’ kept me guessing til the end and even I got it wrong! Can’t wait until the next novel.

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Oh wow, what are the chances?! That’s incredible. So sorry to hear about the heart problems. Hope all is sorted now. I’m so glad you enjoyed Sleep and it kept you entertained while you were in hospital. Thank you for your kind words. All the best, Cally.

6. Caroline Brittenden says:

Just finished reading Sleep. Hooked all the way through! Didn’t see the twist at the end. Totally thought it was Joe! I’m half way through a Billingham book (you’ve been my sneeky read on the side, that I couldn’t put down!) then I’m all yours again.
    Just amazing.

7. Alicia Hillier says:

Hi Cally!
    I’ve been meaning to congratulate you on your wonderful novel Sleep, and thank you for the signed copy that I purchased from Max Minerva’s. What an amazing book! I could literally feel myself being drawn into the thrilling and mysterious atmosphere that you create through your words. It really kept me on the edge till the last page! Quite simply you are a brilliant author and your work keeps going from strength to strength. I am so privileged to be a part of your writing journey as a reader and see your amazing talent and passion displayed so evidently in every page I turn. I look forward to your next YA novel and all of your upcoming work!

All the very best from Australia! 🙂

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hello Alicia, what an amazing comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch and for saying such lovely things about Sleep. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Two books out next year – the new young adult thriller (The Island) and a mystery novel called Strangers. I hope you enjoy them! All the best, Cally.

8. Keith W Hagans says:

I have read all of your books except “The Treatment” which I have. I was wondering if there are other authors with similar writing style as you that I could read. Thanks

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hello Keith. I’m so glad you enjoy my books. The authors I enjoy, who I think have a similar writing style to me, are Mark Edwards (Here To Stay), Lucy Clarke (You Let Me In) and Lisa Jewell (Then She Was Gone). I hope that helps.

9. Anne Evans says:

Hi there. I have just read your book Fear which I enjoyed lots. My mum who died this year was born in Worcestershire and reading the names Malvern, Ledbury Powick etc was very moving. In your acknowledgements you mentioned a Guin Hall. Mum’s best friend had this name. She was from Bromyard. I thought this quiet amazing. Love your books. X

1. C.L. Taylor says:

Hello Anne, I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I was born in Worcester, went to school in Malvern and my parents live near Bromyard so it’s a part of the country I know very well. Guin Hall isn’t from Bromyard but it’s lovely that her name, and the places in the book made you think about your mum. Thanks so much for taking the time to get in touch. All the best, Cally.